This game is a classic. It encompasses humor, movement, and challenge all in one. It is a sure bet for youth groups. We played this game at a family reunion with 30 people and it was a favorite.
1. Make a circle with enough chairs for everyone in the group except one.
2. Have the one person that doesn't have a chair go to the middle of the circle and introduce themself (if needed) and then say something that is true about themself. Examples: I like chinese food. I have blue eyes. I watched a movie this week.
3. If the middle person's statement was true for anyone sitting on the seats in the circle, then they should stand up and find a new chair. The rule for finding a new chair is that it can't be directly next to you unless that is the only chair available.
4. Everyone will try to find a chair and scramble to sit down. The person who doesn't find a seat is the one who needs to repeat step 2 and then 3.
5. Set a time limit for the game.